Well, its a good thing I moved up my flight because my original one ended up being cancelled, so I made the right decision! But either way, I arrived safe and sound to Charlotte, North Carolina and then was picked up by Mr. Mooney and brought to their place of residence. They have an adorable and such a welcoming home. Much of time that I was there was spent lounging around the family room talking, playing games, and watching movies. And then of course there is Lucy, MK's cutie dog. She and I became quick pals and shared many snuggles during my stay.
Mary Katherine and I are both lovers of the arts and so when we were planning my visit a few weeks prior, we had discovered that the arts center in Charlotte would be showing the Broadway show: An American in Paris. It was actually a musical that I wasn't familiar with beforehand but I was excited to see something new. It turned out to be one of the best live shows I have ever seen. After coming off designing the sets for the Christendom plays, I was blown away with every little detail that went into each set change and costume. Not only could these actors and actresses sing, they could really dance. MK and I exchanged glances the entire show and couldn't have been more impressed. If the show was going to be performed even within a few hours of Virginia anytime I would totally go see it again! Even when we got home, we couldn't stop talking about how incredibly good it was!The end of the five day visit was quickly approaching but we squeezed in some more fun stuff in the last two days such as outlet mall shopping, multiple coffee dates, and even going to a paint-your-own pottery place creating some gorgeous mugs. (which of course we can use for our regular coffee dates back in the dorms!) It was a trip filled with laughter, amazing chats, and of course adventures. Although I thought I was flying south for the winter, I ended up getting the same weather I would have had back home, but I got to enjoy it with one of my best friends so it was definitely worth the journey!

No comments:
Post a Comment